PDA

View Full Version : What meal is your RM and....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

yvonne326
Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:08
What meal do you use as your reward meal?

For me, lunch is the best meal to have as my RM per day...

I work in a very stressful job/office...I have always had a problem of in-between-meal snacking and when I did not snack...I would usually eat a lot at lunch...when on Atkins...higher-carb foods. So now, I have my balanced meal at lunch...usually last night's fare (meat, starch, veggie) with a salad before. It holds me over to dinner and I don't feel the need to snack between meals. Usually dinner is light and I don't eat after dinner because I am usually quite busy with the house(work). I also feel that having the largest meal at lunch helps me digest the food more efficiently than if dinner was my RM.

Jalera2003
Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:58
I'm going to try and find a previous post and bump it for your reading enjoyment! :lol:

potatofree
Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:04
I've been making supper the RM, since I'm alone during the day, so I can eat "my" food then... supper can be with my son, eating the same foods, so just ONE meal to cook. (It actually wasn't too hard on Atkins, either, but now I don't have to deny myself a small serving of the carbs I made for him!)

newcarbgir
Tue, Oct-07-03, 03:56
Yvonne, like you I have my RM at lunchtime. I'm always hungriest from late morning to mid-afternoon, and when I started this woe and tried eating my RM in the evening, the lunchtime CM really didn't keep me going. I find that if I eat a lunchtime RM then I really don't think about food again until early evening, and all I really want then is something snack-sized. Works really well for me. The only problem is when we've arranged to go out for dinner in the evening. What I've been doing is to switch my RM to the evening on those occasions, and then work gradually back to a lunchtime RM over a couple of days so that there's always at least 20 hours between RMs :wiggle:

kokle
Tue, Oct-07-03, 05:07
I do dinner for my RM during the week and usually lunch as my RM on weekends.

Jalera2003
Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:11
Isn't CAD great. We can all tailor it to meet our individual needs. I love the WOE.