PDA

View Full Version : Monday weigh-in...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

potatofree
Mon, Oct-06-03, 09:54
Down a pound!! Even with the extra carbs on Saturday night because of the migraine!!

I'm going to chart and average, then change my stats NEXT Monday.

I'm glad I didn't quit right away. If the weight loss continues, and the hunger diminishes during the day, I've found a new plan.

Divina99
Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:05
WooHoo Potatofree! :clap:

That's terrific news. I believe that once you adjust to CAD and understand what foods work with you the hunger will diminish and the lbs will slowly melt away. As far as cravings or hunger goes...one thing I've learned that works is to keep it real simple for CM's. RM's for me though have to be mostly LC with a little dessert if I choose. So far whatever you are doing is working so try to stick with it. :thup:

potatofree
Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:37
You know, I don't MIND the hunger as much when I have something to show for it!!!

Something I heard on Oprah actually just "clicked" last night when I wanted an extra snack SO bad... she was talking about complaining to her trainer about that "snackish" feeling.

He told her that the feeling was actually caused by her body digging into it's fat stores for fuel... she said "Well, I told him WHY didn't you tell me this before!!!" and "When I feel that now, I'm like (to my thighs) HELP yourself, come right on in!!!..lol She has quite the way with words!!

The Dr Phil book tells about changing the way you percieve things. This is doing the trick for me! Instead of dwelling on it, I embrace it as the fat-burning process and find something to keep my hands busy and my mind occupied....

Good-bye thighs!!!

Vel
Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:14
Congratulations!

I hope the progress continues, because CAD is a wonderful program to live on!

Tracy

IthinkIcan
Mon, Oct-06-03, 20:45
:dazzle::dazzle: woohoo, congrats!:Party::Party:

Tess M
Tue, Oct-07-03, 04:09
It can take a little while to adjust. Looks like you're doing great!! :p

muweek
Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:33
Potatofree, love that statement from Oprah! I didnt know that but will now welcome that feeling anytime. Also, someone told me that you should "wear your hunger on your sleeve" so to speak as you cant be walking around stuffed all the time and still be losing weight. I remember this when i'm feeling a little growlie and its not meal time. Have a great day!

cori
Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:50
Yay Potatofree! Nice to see you over here! Hugs!

potatofree
Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:22
Thanks, guys.

I made a freaky discovery... my scale is going nuts. It's not exactly a quality piece of equipment to start with, but it gives me a different reading every time I step on it..I know weight fluctuates, but in ONE minute's time???lol

I just put in a bid on eBay for one of those bodyfat measuring ones... I live for gadgets!!! Failing that, I think I need to get a better one than the $5 Target model I have now....

IthinkIcan
Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:02
Okay, this wasn't funny to me like 2 months ago, but now that I thought about it, its actually really hilerious. I used the same ole scale, dial one, when I started Atkins in Aug.
Here's the thing. I am quite short. I needed to reach just a tiny bit higher for something in my bathroom a few months ago and stood on my scale to do it. Well, I stood on the plastic cover on the display. Wouldn't yah know it.....shattered it :lol: Dh had to leave the room, because, I mean...how many people can say, I stood on the scales and busted it? So anyway...

I have been using it prior to just getting my new one, without a lil mark that came on the display. I drew my own mark at the zero line. So I can honestly say that when I bought my new digital scale, it was much needed.

Barb, good thinkin .. you have lost enough to deserve a nice set of scales!

Tess M
Wed, Oct-08-03, 00:05
Potatofree--I bought a fairly nice scale a couple of years ago, and still have that problem.. I can get on it--get my weight--get off--back on (without moving it at all), and get a totally different #... So, I just get on and if it's a number that I like--I don't let myself get back on it that day.. :p If it's a number that I don't like--I try again in a different spot on the floor... :rolleyes:

Divina99
Wed, Oct-08-03, 07:48
Tess that is so funny! :lol: I do the same. If it's a number I don't like I check the scale meticulously..making sure the needle is at the 0. I have one spot on the bathroom floor I always align my scale to it...the floor is more even there. I then proceed to step on it in slow motion holding on to anything around me so as not to move the scale. By this time I have removed everything plus pony tail holder. :lol: If after weighing in a couple of times and getting different readings. I pick the lowest! :p
The truth is I've been dying to get a new scale..a digital one with big numbers. I'm just worried I will weigh more on the new one. :blush:

For now I will trust my handy measuring tape. :)

potatofree
Wed, Oct-08-03, 08:27
Lol... I guess we all have our variations of the Scale Dance!

I honestly think my wisest choice would be to junk the scale, and go to our little clinic once a MONTH for a weigh-in. (They'll do that, and a bp check for free if you're a regular patient there.) <sigh> But I like to KNOW...although I'm getting MUCH better at not letting the number rule my day! (Thanks, Dr Phil...<giggle>)

Jalera2003
Wed, Oct-08-03, 13:22
This is too funny, just this morning I was wondering how many people get off and on, and off and on the scale till they get a number they like. This morning on first step my scale errored, then second time gave me a number I didn't like so I went and exercised, came back a weighed again :lol: finally got a number I was happy with - same as yesterday!

muweek
Wed, Oct-08-03, 13:56
Hi everyone! We have a digital scale and it still gives us different numbers. You are supposed to step on, step off and then step on for your weight. I guess this gives the scale time to read what;s there. Sometime we get on 5 times and get 5 different readings. Always take the lowest number!!!!it wasnt cheap either, so what to do now???????

quikdeb
Wed, Oct-08-03, 15:13
Congratulations Potatofree! I'm glad you didn't throw in the towel before you tasted success! It does indeed make it easier to move on.

LOL! The "scale dance" is apparently one we all join in on. I take the best 3 out of 5! :lol: I can usually get that many to match.

Deb

potatofree
Wed, Oct-08-03, 20:00
Taste the success.. AND the "Chunky Monkey" Ben and Jerry's....lol

Divina99
Wed, Oct-08-03, 20:57
Yikes Muweek...maybe I shouldn't get a digital scale after all! :)
Potatofree that idea sounds good although I'm too much of a scale fanatic to be able to wait a month. I can't even stay away from the scale for a day. I hate my Dr's scale even though it's supposed to be more precise (I always weigh more on it) :blush:. One of the nurses told me that's because so many patients step on those scales over and over again it starts lose its accuracy (they have those scales for years)...that excuse is good enough for me.

It's funny how we all have a story about our scales. I once lent it to my brother in-law. The next day I stepped on the scale I was up 10lbs! I was secretly furious with my brother in-law (thought he broke it). The truth is I was having too many Bailey's Irish cream for 2 days after dinner. I started retaining lots of water. All the weight went away in a week after I stopped the Bailey's. What a relief that was! I no longer hold any hard feelings towards my Brother-in law. :lol:

By the way there is a tip on scales at
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/tips.html
it's at the very end. Maybe, I will buy one of those since it's a tried and true scale. Just maybe. ;)