PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yunie
Sat, Oct-04-03, 12:22
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]
Hi there,
I've just found this site and thought it may be helpful. I'm a 52 year old female that has been dieting all my life. There aren't too many diets that I haven't tried. I've lost alot and gained it back several times. I did well with Atkins in 1995 and lost 95 pounds over 2 years but something always happens and I gain it back. By 2000 all 95 pounds were back. I've been doing different diets since 2000 and did get down to 165 but have gotten back up to 200 twice since then. I tried Meridia this spring for 6 months, lost 20, then gained it back during summer vacation. I look at food and the weight comes on :cry: So here I am again, ready to do it again. I have a friend that I am doing the Atkins with this time. We don't see eachother, but email daily to support eachother. We just started last Monday. I am walking 4 times a week and doing a simple weight program 3 times a week.
Will be happy to hear from you with support and ideas to do this for the last time

Thanks for any help that comes my way,
Yunie

j. mcadams
Sat, Oct-04-03, 12:59
Welcome Yunie,
One of the best things you could do for yourself is get right back on Low carb. I as you have tried many diets as a matter of fact I can't think of one that I have not tried, isn't that sad.
With low carbing I look at it as a Way Of Life, no a diet. A diet is a short term thing, our eating problems are long term, so Way of Life, is how we have to view this.
Start a journal, visit other journals and ask questions. There is power in numbers and we have plenty of power here.

Good luck,
joan

DarB
Sat, Oct-04-03, 22:40
Joan is absolutely right...short term fixes are not going to keep the weight off...
I too, have tried everything...but this is the only "diet" that I have ever had success with...
So good luck...get that journal started, and start going around and visiting others...
Ask questions...they will be answered usually...
Good luck again.

LilaCotton
Sat, Oct-04-03, 22:55
Hi, Yunie! Welcome back to Atkins! This is my first time, and hopefully my only attempt, as like suggested, we want to make this a way of life so that we can keep the weight off. I've been fat most of my life, have a plump little hubby and two well rounded daughters. I also have a 5-year-old son who will no doubt run into a bit of weight problems later on from the looks of him now (not fat, just little-kid healthy round type stuff that doesn't look like it'll want to go away once he reaches adolescence).

We started Atkins on the first of this month, and are making progress, which is way more than I can say for most of the other 'weight-loss programs' I ever tried.

Yunie
Thu, Oct-09-03, 08:27
Hi there,
I just wanted to Thank you for the support. I've been real busy and really haven't had much time on the computer. I'm from MA and the Red Sox have been keeping me up nights. It's been hard watching them without fun snacks and beer but I'm doing it.
Thanks again,
Yunie