PDA

View Full Version : Effexor Experiences

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TexLady
Fri, Oct-03-03, 09:59
I take effexor for depression...37 mg per day which is a very low dose. It's been both savior and the worst thing that ever happened to me. It's great for the depression, but the "sexual side effects" are the pits. I tried to withdraw, but the discontinuation symptoms were so bad I gave up (something else the doctors don't tell you).

Right now I'm on a combination of Effexor and Wellbutrin. The Effexor works for depression and the Wellbutrin seems to keep my carb cravings under control.

RoseTattoo
Fri, Oct-03-03, 14:39
TexLady--A lot of the SSRI's have bad side effects and can really cause withdrawal. BUT--here's the thing. Sometimes you can overlap one drug with another--that is, start a different drug while weaning off the old one. That's not possible with all of the drugs, just some of them. So ask your doctor. That's what I did when getting off of Paxil and onto Lexapro. I'd tried to quit Paxil many times over the past years but couldn't get past the withdrawal agonies. But when Lexapro came out, it became possible not to go "cold turkey."

Good luck!

TexLady
Fri, Oct-03-03, 15:50
Interesting...I will ask my doc about that next time I go in which will be in December.