PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

funnyface
Thu, Oct-02-03, 10:49
Hey, you guys! Just wanted to say a quick "hi" and that I'm excited about being a part of this forum. I started induction yesterday and am feeling like crap, for lack of a better word. I can't wait to feel that energy that is promised! I'm a college student and yet have had zero energy for several years.

To introduce myself, I'll say that I LOVE classic movies, music, and reading. Favorite movie: Roman Holiday. Favorite song: "Moon River." Favorite book: Christy. I'm a senior at Baylor University this year in Waco (yes, that university you've heard such good things about lately!) but grew up in a small town in Northeast Texas.

Happy trails! :yay:

woolina
Thu, Oct-02-03, 11:39
Hi funnyface,
I am new today also to the forum. I have been on the Atkins for almost 3 months now. The crappy feeling does go away, took me about a week to make it through the sugar withdrawals, but it is worth it...really worth it!

Iowagirl
Thu, Oct-02-03, 12:06
Welcome Funnyface! Yes, the crappy feeling will go away. I would caution you, too, that since you haven't a great deal of weight to lose you may not see it come off as quickly or in such quantities as others. If you haven't already, take your measurements as you may find yourself losing inches before you notice losing pounds.

Best of luck to you!