PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! Im new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

streakymom
Thu, Oct-02-03, 07:02
[COLOR=Indigo]Hello everyone! Im new here. I started the Atkins - or as close as I can to it a week & a half ago--so far Ive lost 10 pounds - water Im sure :rolleyes: I would like to lose another 38 pounds--My goal is by the 1st of December---Is that reasonable? I am trying to stay under 22 gr of carbs/day. Does anyone have any tips to help me? Thanks so much! :)

Sherry

Jimbo I
Thu, Oct-02-03, 07:28
Hi Streakymom,
I don't know if you found that spot yet, but the fourm people will most likely ask you to post in the new members section under "Introduction: New Members and Low-Carbers."
Hey, now that wasn't a nice welcome from me so here goes.
Welcome! I have some comments. You say you are sure you have lost water weight. Is that a bad thing? I thought the same thing when I started about 1 month ago, but then I thought, well I'd rather lose that than carry it around.
Also, congratulations on reaching the 10lb mark!
Well, so far you know by the quick loss that Atkins does work.
It seems like the average weight loss after induction is about 2-3 lbs. a week. Doing the math, even at 3lb/wk you would be 14lb short of your goal. But, as I've learned from my friends here, there really is no hurry.
It's nice to have a goal, but don't get down on yourself for not reaching it at a specific time. It WILL happen eventually if you stay on the diet.

Other advice: people here use Fitday.com to keep track of carbs (I think?), get menu ideas from this site in menu section, make sure to have your 2-3 cups of low carb veggies per day (which I'm guilty of NOT doing-spank, spank), most of all KEEP GOING......., drink enough water-don't know formula-something like 80-100 oz. a day.
Relax a little, don't be so concerned with the numbers, be concerned with the lifestyle. I am still getting used to it.
I try and weigh on the scale every other day. Otherwise, I get disappointed.
Last piece of advice is to read these posts. They REALLY help, and I can't believe people can be so nice and honest and helpful here.
Well, that's it-good luck to you.

Jimbo I.

Jimbo I
Thu, Oct-02-03, 07:31
This is the right place to post! Sorry, my goof.

streakymom
Thu, Oct-02-03, 08:11
Thats okay! I forgive your goof!! I plan on being here whenever I can--which means probably every day! :) Thanks for the welcome!!