PDA

View Full Version : New here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JGrover
Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:01
Hi there all,

I am new here, been 'doin Atkins' for about 3 months now and am down about 20lbs. I have to admit, I haven't always been good about keeping away from the carbs, but over all I have been doing OK.

What usually happens is, I will lose some weight, have a good week, lose a few pounds, then flatten out for a week or so. Then get frusterated and lose focus on eating low carb. (Fall off the horse). Then I kick my own butt back into shape and I get back going...

But this last month has been rough. I haven't lost any weight, I have even gotten (and stayed) in keytosis for long stretches, but still sitting still with my weight. The keytosis test strips were dark purple (most keytones detected). Soo... after a few weeks of that I lost my will and spent last week "being bad". This week I am refocusing myself, and taking care to eat right.

I am sure there is a TON of suggestions on how to break though barriers throughout the site, so I will read before asking. I just wanted to share where I am.

Thanks!

Jason

j. mcadams
Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:23
Welcome Jason,
first off if you are staying in Keytosis, then you are surely losing inches. What I have found and my scale has not moved in the last month, but I am still losing inches.
Now you are going to have to stop going back to the carbs, just because you are getting frustrated with the scale, use the measuring tape.

Hope this helps.

joan

JGrover
Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:32
Thanks Joan,

Yes, I am almost down to my last belt loop, but I guess since we seem to talk about the scale, I was focusing on the weight more then anything else.

I never did measure myself, so I guess this is as good as time as any to start. :)