PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ivorylady1
Sun, Sep-28-03, 10:59
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=Black][SIZE=1]

Hello everyone! I just started Atkins 2 days ago.Had a radical headache yesterday.Is that normal? (probably from sugar withdrawl!) Does anyone have any tips for me to get through this 1st week?? Would love to hear.Thanks, Cathy.

Corbry
Sun, Sep-28-03, 11:05
Welcome!! Yes headaches can be normal, so can a host of other symptoms... but don't worry... read the book! Follow the lifestyle, and you will do just fine! Your body has to flush itself of all the carbs.... and you will get past the cravings, the withdrawls, just stick with it! Although not always easy... worth it! Go for it! Good luck and again welcome!

~Lori

becky160
Sun, Sep-28-03, 15:36
Welcome to the forum.

1.- Drink lots and lots of water - about 1 gallon a day.
2.- Eat fat. Butter, mayonnaise, olive oil Fat burns FAT
3.- Don't skip any meals
4.- eat at least three meals a day or 6 small meals
5.- open an account at FITDAY.COM
6.- The measuring tape will be your best friend
7.- This diet takes time and is a WOL and a WOE.
8.- If you haven't read the book DANDR do so.

And GOOD luck to you. See you around!!! :yay:

TerryLynne
Mon, Sep-29-03, 08:50
Welcome - it WILL get better, on my third day, I was miserable and wanted to attack anyone who came near me (detoxing from carbs can be wicked) then on the fourth day I felt fine and have been great ever since!!! You might want to check out http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49) the TDC (triple digit club) a special place for people who want to lose over a hundred pounds:)