PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lil Muck
Thu, Sep-25-03, 22:15
What's up y'all...I've stumbled upon this forum and decided to register. I haven't read any books on Low Carb...I just sort of started eating low carbs and lost 15 pounds in 2 months. However I'm a stand still because my daily routines have changed dramatically since I started school. I'm looking to get back on the Low Carb diet...perhaps even buying a book. My goal is realistically 7 more pounds...but I'd like to lose 17 more. I'm athletic built and have always been muscular and just plain big bonned. So I don't know if 17 more would make me look right. I started at 192 in January...went to the health club and never lost any weight. That is the heaviest I've ever been. I was diagnosed with arthritis (I'm 23) in March, so that halted my excercise routine. I finally went on the low carb diet in June and quickly lost 15 pounds (177 now)...up until August...when I started school. Now I haven't gained any, but I sure haven't lost any. So that's why I'm here.
Lil Muck

Lori H
Thu, Sep-25-03, 22:20
Hi and welcome! Look to the right of your post and you will see a link titled "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" I suggest that when you decide on one you invest in the book for it and read it to learn all you can about your plan. Congratulations on your success so far!

LittleAnne
Fri, Sep-26-03, 01:11
Hi Lil Muck and welcome to this forum.

You have done well so far in just cutting back on carbs, but with only 7 or so pounds to go these will take some time to leave. Your body will be reluctant to let them go.

I would advise you to buy one of the books and read it as there is so much extra information in them about how to do this way of life to best effect.

Glad you are keeping the weight off. Now you know how to control your weight you can stop it increasing in the future.

Continued success.