PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BabsTLC
Tue, Sep-23-03, 11:51
Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to say hello and make myself known.

I have always been one of those people who could eat anything and everything and never gain weight. My sister warned me that it would end when I hit 30... I didn't listen! I just turned around one day and BAM! I was fat. Horrible realization... strange how it sneaks up on you like that. I have been hemming and hawing about losing weight for a few months now, and have managed not the GAIN anymore in that time, but I have not lost any. Some pictures that were taken over the summer have smacked me in the face and I have committed to knuckling down and just doing it.

I have researched many of the LC diets and I am pretty sure Atkins is for me. We're a bit tight on $$ at the moment though, so I have a copy on order from the library. I have not read it yet, just been researching. The others seem a bit too lenient and/or complicated for me... I'm pretty sure I'd lose control if I was allowed any starches at all.

I think I have what it takes to make it... I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so desserts won't be a problem to give up... and I already drink more than the req'd amount of water daily so that will be easy too. The hardest thing for me will be giving up my starches. I am a serious pasta/potato/bread addict. Bigtime comfort food, and always has been. I'm going to miss my friday night ciders too.

I already walk my youngest daughter to school and back everyday, and I plan to add some extra distance to that over the next few weeks, and then add in some swimming and weights after that.

So anyways, that's me. Seems like a fantastic group of people here. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all. :)
*waves*

-Tina

mischa
Tue, Sep-23-03, 15:34
Hi Tina and welcome to the Forum,

You found the right place for information and support:) This place is the best :D

I may suggest for you to start your own journal. Information on how to you find at the begin of the Introduction. If there is anything you need just ask..someone is always here to answer you.

I wish you much success and I hope to read more from you

:wave:

BabsTLC
Tue, Sep-23-03, 23:03
Thanks Mischa! I will definitely start a journal. :) Thanks for the kind welcome. :)