PDA

View Full Version : Low cal ! Low fat ! High carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ang
Fri, Jul-27-01, 16:08
I have a quick question, Ive been on a low
cal, and low fat diet, but I realized that my
carbs have been high. Is that going to mess things
up? Should I lower the carbs, also? Or do they not
matter, since Ive been eating low cal, low fat?
Thank you so much :confused: 12

tamarian
Fri, Jul-27-01, 16:37
Hi Ang,

Welcome to our forum. Your diet sounds like Weight Watchers, or a similar low-fat, low-cal diet, which is the general mainstream diet right now.

Most of us here do not follow that diet, and chose alternative low-carb plans, such Atkins, Protein Power, CKD, the Zone, CAD-CALP and others.

Both approaches belong to totally different mentalities/lifestyle. It's hard for us to recommend which one to chose, but we support people once they decide which plan they follow. If you chose a low-fat plan, we can offer a few links to low-fat support groups that may be able to offer advice. If you want to consider low-carb diets, check your local library for one of the plans available (some books are listed in our books section), and we'll be able to help with any questions you may have.

Wa'il