PDA

View Full Version : Just started over again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mascoloj
Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:40
Hi all,
My name is Joe and I'm 29 and 185. I started Atkins for the 4th time last week. I have been overweight now for a good 3 years and have made the decision to lose it for good. I only have 35 lbs to go, but it's a hard 35 to shed. I believe in the Atkins approach and have several books including on I think everyone should get - but you can get the title in my profile. I'm very serious about this and have made major changes this time around to achieve my goals including, no longer drinking coffee - only tea these days along with tons of water. I also bought new walking shoes - first time in 7 years. I have a treadmill which is my best friend in this fight and along with several co-workers' bodies that put my body to shame, I have made the committment to lose all the weight by March - my birth month. It's my 30 by 30 goal - 30 lbs or 30 inch waist by my 30th birthday. I've been a heavy kid and man all my life with a year or two or skinny heaven and all I can say is I want it back! So that's me. I'm happy to give support and would love to be supported.

Joe

VALEWIS
Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:52
Joe, I think it will be critical that you maintain this attitude come what may, as having now effectively done some yo-yo'ing, there is a possibility that you may be a bit more metabolically resistant now. I think you must try to eat just a little less volume of food than you did the last time to get good results this time, or else be sure to make that exercise a lot more than you have been! So best be prepared for this eventuality and not be discouraged. Remember. the closer you are to goal, the harder it is to shed lbs. Might I suggest that you not use the scales as your guide anyway? It drives folks nuts...much better to measure body fat and take measurements, have clothes as a guide, etc. Scales can vary so much within one day that they are almost meaningless as indicators of progress. Although many, many people give this advice on this forum, few people pay attention to it and persist on climbing on scales every day and then feeling miserable etc.

Good luck. Are you going to keep a journal, and use Fitday? Not a bad idea to keep track of calorie intake as you get nearer to goal...you will need to reduce them very slowly over time to match the new weight.

Fat
Sat, Sep-20-03, 17:12
Welcome Joe to the forum. Nice to have you here. You really do have a great plan there. I still drink coffee and diet soda's...a no no, but I am still losing only slowly. There are a lot of people here to help you if you need it.

Have a good LCing day
Anna

sgab4415
Sat, Sep-20-03, 17:13
Hi Joe,Nice to meet you, I'm Susie and this is my second time on Atkins. I'm up to day 6 of my (re)-induction. I'm finding that this time I know what to expect and that I have now addressed the reasons I was unsuccessful last time, I am ready to commit totally to this WOE. The way I see it is that you have the advantage of knowing what went wrong the last times you tried, and this time you won't make the same mistakes. Good luck!Susie