PDA

View Full Version : New To Low carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shep
Sat, Sep-20-03, 15:05
Let me introduce my self .. Jon ( Shepdawg) Hollister . I was reacently diagnosed with type 2 diabetic and found my self in a big mess with the carb intake .. since I started on the "meal plan" I was set up with I have loss 15 Lb the first 3 weeks and lowered the glucose almost to normal .. I was lookin for some low-carbs recipies so I can share with my family and friends and try to help them from getting diabetes too soon .

I hope that I can help out with some of my own recipies that is also low sodium and low carbs for those in here also watchin there intake of both. No I'm not a chef only on the bbq grill but I have learned to modify the flavors useing garlic and some other spices along with sugar subistute to make it taste like the original with less presertives and other stuff they add to them ..

Hope to see you all soon and keep Smiling even tho life throws a curve ball in your direction..

Jon

Paleoanth
Sat, Sep-20-03, 15:53
Hey Jon and welcome to the forum! There is a really nice recipe area here. I am sure you will find a ton of new things. Also, there is a site that is pretty good-

http://www.carb-lite.au.com/index.html

Kristine
Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:01
Hi Jon! Welcome! :wave: I've learned to love cooking, too. I used to be the type who could barely make Kraft Dinner, but now, I'm pretty comfortable in the kitchen. I can't wait to read some of your recipes. :yum:

J.J.
Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:03
Hey Jon!

Welcome aboard!! My mother has Type 2 Diabetes so that's why I decided to start the Atkins! I've tried convincing her to do so also, but she's 77 yrs. old and a bit stuck in her ways. She is eating all the wrong things and putting weight back on after losing about 45 lbs. 2 years ago! The doctor put her on a low fat diet and her weight has skyrocketed since then. What a shame that doctors aren't willing to see the light when it comes to Atkins and Diabetes!

Welcome aboard! There are lots of low carb recipe sites. Just punch into SEARCH "low carb recipes" and you'll see what I mean! Pork rinds are amazing! You can do so much with them and they have NO CARBS!!

I like to melt some butter, dip the pork rinds in them, place them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon and pop them into the oven for about 10 mins. at 375! Yummy snack!!!

Once again, welcome! There's lots of nice folks here that will be very informative and supportive.......and oh yes....FUN!!! :yay: