PDA

View Full Version : hypo glycemic love lc need GREAT recipe for protein bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

artshare
Wed, Sep-17-03, 11:45
I've been eating low carb since 02/03 - it took me SIX months to lose 10 pounds, but I'm managing to KEEP IT OFF - Low carb bars really help with this, but most of them are too sweet! Anyone know of a good recipe for a bar that isn't too sweet? My favorite commercial ones are Keto Oatmeal Rasin Crunch and Caramel Nut Crunch - I like to spread peanut butter on top[ and eat them as a quick snack when I'm on the run. Thanks for any input on this and good luck with your lc diet!!

dazendream
Wed, Sep-17-03, 12:13
I'm not ambitious enough to make my own bars, but I've tried all of the Atkins ones and there are a few on the less sweet side. If you like peanut butter, try the peanut butter bars, they're the best ones, or the Pralines n' Cream. Also, check out the recipies forum, there's lots of great ideas in there, I got sucked in for hours!

I noticed that for me, the bars do slow down weight loss a bit, but I need the convenience. I try to keep it down to 2-3 bars per week. Good luck:wiggle: