PDA

View Full Version : I'm shrinking!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Smiley10
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:15
I was just wondering, if any1 has ever heard of someone shrinking because of this diet. I know that's a wierd question, but I used to be about 5'6 1/2 before i started the diet and the other day i measured myself and now i am only 5'5. I know it could be b/c of other reasons too, but i dunno:(

Sinbad
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:17
Hiya

Did you measure yourself at different times in the day? You're a couple inches taller when you wake up than after you've been up all day - compression of joints and spinal discs, etc :)

Cheers
S

Smiley10
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:24
Well, both times thati measured myself it was in the afternoon. Other people have noticed that i'm shorter too. Do u think that there could be something wrong w/ my spinal cord or something? Thanks for you reply!

Sinbad
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:26
If you're in any doubt at all, go and get checked out! There's no sense in taking chances, and hopefully your doc would be able to put your mind at rest...

Good luck! *holding thumbs*
Steven

Smiley10
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:29
Thanks for the advice. Yea, i'll probably get it checked out so i won't have to worry about it. I think i'm going to measure myself again just to make sure that i'm right about how tall i am:) Well, best of luck to you on ur diet! :) Have a good day!

Duckeegirl
Tue, Oct-28-03, 02:26
if you don't have any desese or anything, it's cool to be short! i'm only 4'10 and luvin' it! lol

atiaran
Wed, Oct-29-03, 14:59
Have someone else help with the measuring! I measured myself lots of times as a teen and got it different a lot!

aw&sc
Wed, Dec-17-03, 23:03
I am a chiropratic assistant if there was something wrong with your spinal cord most likley you would have some kind of pain in the back or neck. besides if you are srinking, short is fun too!

kats1555
Sat, Dec-27-03, 01:53
Try pilates...it really engages and strentens your core and helps with longating the body.