PDA

View Full Version : New to the Atkins lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SadFairy
Wed, Sep-17-03, 08:49
Hey everyone.

I am a 24 year old female residing in Kentucky.

I lost 35 lbs and 5 dress sizes two years ago by doing Ediets/body for life. I changed my lifestyle completely and educated myself thouroughly on nutrition and fitness. I felt better than ever and was in the best shape of my life.

2 months ago, several events happened that caused me to gain 14 of those 35 lbs back. #1 My Grandmother suffered massive heart attacks and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. #2 I got a very bad case of the flu that lasted for 3 weeks and #3 I found out I was 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and suffered horrible dizzy spells and morning sickness. I was told I couldn't carry full term so I had to terminate it for my health and safety.

Obviously, all these factors led to unconcious eating and many missed gym sessions. And of course, this resulted in weight gain.

I can still wear my size 2s but they are getting tight and I've lost any abds I used to have as well. I do not think I am "overweight" at 119 lbs. However, I am uncomfortable. I am 5'3'' and very small boned therefore every little pound shows...right in the middle.

I decided to try the Atkins lifestyle. I am a carb addict and am very interested in the low-carb way of life. I did my research and knew Atkins was what my body needed to get my metabolism going again.

I've been eating low-carb for 4 days and have lost 5 lbs. I'm hoping to get my lean physique back in time for Keeneland in October. You know, horse racing, Kentucky...it goes hand in hand. :-)

Iowagirl
Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:15
So sorry to hear of your recent losses, Fairy. Hope you are on the road to recovery and have lots of support close by.

And welcome to the forum....best of luck to you on your new way of eating. :)