PDA

View Full Version : Four children in Four years - ready to loose!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nikkimom
Wed, Sep-17-03, 07:38
Greetings all!

I am new here & wanted to introduce myself and jump right in! :cool: I'm really glad to have found these boards! I look forward to giving & receiving lots of support here!

I am *very very* familiar with low-carbing - it was my way of life for a very long time! I looked and felt great almost all the way through my 20's! Blood sugar control was the reason I came to LCing, but the energy & weight loss were a great by-product! I lost 45 lbs in my mid-teens and kept it off for over 10 years.

In my late 20's I married and had four children in four years - Our first daughter, then our second daughter 18 mos later, then our twin daughters 20 months later! Needless to say, Mommy is now huge from the toll on my body's energy reserves and my failure to stay LC during and between my pregnancies.

I have already lost 11 lbs in just under a week and a half. I want to loose 79 more pounds to get back to what I consider my most beautiful weight, about 10 pounds heavier than when I modeled locally. The photo in my profile is of me at that exact weight.

I'm confident I can stick to it, since I am so familiar with eating LC, and love it so much! I am back on a roll, and there's no stopping me now! Once I drop another 10 pounds or so, I will feel more comfy with getting back into an exercise routine.

Glad to be in good company!
Warmest Regards,
Nikkimom

GREYTSCOT
Wed, Sep-17-03, 07:55
I, too, have 4 children except I averaged about 5 years in between each delivery. Took me awhile to get over each one :) Anyway, I only recently gained about 15 lbs over my usual 145 but just couldn't get rid of it. I had begun to believe it was my age and that my metabolism had just slowed down a lot. Thank goodness for low carbing! Once I figured it out I decided there was no reason not to see the scale hit a spot I hadn't been to in 15 years. I have to exercise a lot but the results are worth it. The recipe section in here is a great help too.

11lbs in under 2 weeks is GREAT. Remember you'll probably slow down a bit but you're off to fine start.

nikkimom
Wed, Sep-17-03, 18:38
Thanks so much for your supportive words! I look forward to getting my "bod" back, too! :dazzle::lol: This place will be a GREAT help!!

Thanks! :)

Lori H
Wed, Sep-17-03, 21:53
Welcome to the forum! At least you have 4 beautiful children to show for your weight gain. I just got fat! :lol: This diet is great and you will love the forum...so much advice, info and support. Your picture is beautiful by the way. Good luck and check in often with your progress!