PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kbrn82
Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:45
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. I have been on Atkins for 3 1/2 weeks now and turned to the forums and bulletin boards because I had not lost anything. With the help of some feedback on my food logs I determined I was using excessive artificial sweeteners, was sensitive to the shakes and bars and eating too many pork rinds. I have modified those things and in the last 3 days I finally lost 5 pounds. I think I am now on the right path and look forward to interacting with and learning from all of you along my journey.

dreamer
Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:51
Welcome aboard! This place is soooooo supportive and has helped me in my quest of eating LC.

Congrats on the weight loss, measure yourself because your inches are going to start melting off.

Good luck.

kbrn82
Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:58
:wave: Hi and thank you! I was really frustrating getting there and I wasn't going to give up but couldn't figure out what my problem was. Now I am beginning to wonder if the artificial sweeteners were holding me back on the Weight Watchers and LA Weightloss I tried before. I had no idea they had such a negative effect on weightloss.

dreamer
Wed, Sep-17-03, 06:52
I did the weight watchers also and followed it and the pounds came off slowly. The program allows carbs, lot of them with the point range. It works though but not at such a fast rate of LC eating.

I've never tried the Splenda products, Sweet n' low for me. Keep it up and you will see results in no time. Don't forget to measure yourself. There is a great site http://www.fitday.com where you can log your food and it will calculate your food intake, a food diary.

Have a great LC WOL day!