PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-Started Full Time Today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

char2628
Mon, Sep-15-03, 13:09
Well here goes!!
I have practiced for a week to see if I would actually like the low carb diet and so far so good. Today is my official start day. I am enjoying it. MY DH is joining me. Unbelievable!! But he is doing good on his first day too.
Last evening I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and now have lots of storage room. Today I cleaned out the fridge and replaced the high carb stuff with fresh veggies, cheese, and meat. It looks very inviting!!
I couldn't believe the crap we have been eating.
My main reason for choosing this way of eating is because I need to lose weight. My husband's main reason for going on this diet is to gain some energy.

Thanks for a message board such as this.

Charlene :)

Iowagirl
Mon, Sep-15-03, 14:13
Welcome! How nice that you have dh joining you - much easier when there is support at home. Best of luck to you both!

CaseyZee
Mon, Sep-15-03, 16:47
Welcome! You did exactly the right thing cleaning out the shelves and moving the new food in. I'm never able to resist a chip that I know is in the pantry.

Kristine
Tue, Sep-16-03, 08:46
Good luck to both of you! :thup: It sounds like you're off to a great start. Keep us posted!