PDA

View Full Version : New Here - Back to Low Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

liloleme
Sat, Sep-13-03, 13:29
Hi, been lurking a bit to 'get a feel' of the board. Can tell you this about myself - 10 year type 2 diabetic - lived lo-carb from 03/00 thru 09/00, then complete failure - while on lo-carb, lost 20 #'s (gained back 8 since then), had outstanding blood work results, felt awesome (although sometimes deprived). Don't know what, why, how, just when. Just looking for a bit of support while re-embarking on this WOL on a permanent basis. Got blood tests results yesterday and they scared the heck out of me! Wasn't eating foolishly, but carbs were certainly a good part of the diet. Ah well, thanks for listening, I feel like I've taken a big step telling someone about the plan. Need to go to the grocery to stock up on good food, and decaf coffee :cry:. Will keep up on the 100+ ounces of water per day and continue my 'workout', which entails cleaning horse stalls (and horses). Thanks again for listening!

Kristine
Sun, Sep-14-03, 09:08
Hi and welcome back! ;) You'll get your health back in order in no time. :thup: :thup: We'll cheer you on!

liloleme
Sun, Sep-14-03, 15:05
Thanks, Kristine - lurking sure gave me that assurance! Had a great day so far, not a carb near me!

lawoman
Sun, Sep-14-03, 15:31
Welcome Lilo,

I hope you find this forum helpful and are ble to get back on a LC plan since it was so helpful (and healthful) to you before. The support you get here will be of a great help.You could type into the search "Type 2 Diabetes" and you'll find quite a few dealing with the same health issues as you and perhaps find a lot of support that way,too.And of course,everyone here can help you to make this WOE more interesting.After all,the LC WOE is not a "closet" way of eating anymore...more folks understand it as well as share in recipes to help keep the interest there.

Once again,welcome,get out there and visit,post and by all means enjoy your stay here with our one big happy family! :lol: If you need to know anything,no matter how small or silly it might seem...ASK!

Hugs,
Linda