PDA

View Full Version : Is any one losing weight?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nocarbo
Fri, Sep-12-03, 10:18
I've been checking out this board for a few days now with great interest, and am very interested in trying this way of eating. But is any one actually losing any weight? I live really close to a 24 hour Tesco's and my hunting and gathering skills are really keen especially for large bags of lazy nuts. Can I really eat as many nuts as I like or do I need to watch my calorie count like every other weight loss program? I would like to here from any one who has had great weight loss and tips you could share.
Cheers

steveed
Mon, Sep-22-03, 22:05
first of all, GET AND READ THE BOOK! THIS IS MUCHO ESSENTIAL!:thup: ...

second, if you want to lose weight faster, generally stick to a "winter diet" of leafy greens and meat....once you're weight is stablized you can start adding nuts and fruit as you like. (my faves are macadamias, YUM!!!)

I myself do the CAD route, but I generally keep in mind the paleo philosophy (on my one carb inclusive meal a day, I try to add fresh fruit instead of french fries!...I don't always succeed!) :doah:

I do lose weight when I stick to it, which I intend to do now that I've experimented with some other crazy crap which shall remain unmentioned. :rolleyes:

Good luck!
Steve

PaleoDeano
Tue, Sep-30-03, 20:40
i have been eating meat, eggs, and veggies (and some butter and cheese) for the last month, and i have not lost anything (a stall)... and i know why that is... because, during this past month, i was also eating nuts... because of the carbs in them, if you munch away, you will not lose. back in july, when i ate meat and eggs and a few veggies for almost the whole month, i did not eat any nuts, seeds, fruit, and i lost a lot of weight and especially body fat... then i started to eat nuts and fruit and put the weight right back on... and also got back into eating sugar junk food (yuk!)
:cry:

my advise is almost to eliminate nuts, seeds and even most fruits from the diet all together (if you want to remain on low carb). i have always lost body fat when doing so... and always gained it back when not. so, it is really not a thing of counting calories, as much as it is in counting carbs.

Lori H
Tue, Sep-30-03, 20:50
Nuts are not recommended in the induction phase of Atkins. They are allowed in moderation later but Dr. A suggests buying the 1 to 2 ounce packages so you are not tempted to overindulge. And yes! I'm losing...58 pounds and my hubby has lost 61.

PaleoDeano
Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:07
well... if you go 118 days without cheating... no wonder you are losing!!! That is so way fantastic! I really admire you for that... I was up to 28 days and blew it... but, starting tomorrow I am going for that triple digit like you have. congrats on being so committed! http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/smilies/icon14.gif (http://forum.lowcarber.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies#)

Lori H
Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:29
Thanks! I have to tell you the truth though...my DH cheats pretty regular and the rascal still loses. I couldn't do it though. It's just wouldn't ork with my metabolism. Wanted to wish you good luck...YOU CAN DO IT! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: