PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts On Raw Goats Milk?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunkist
Fri, Sep-12-03, 06:49
is this also OUT as far as Paleo goes. Just curious Or even Raw Goat Milk Yogurt/kefir (something my grandma would make)

I KNOW cow milk (even raw) is very hard to digest and can cause problems

Thanks for anyy ideas :roll:

Taku John
Fri, Sep-12-03, 07:23
Hey Sunkist---I grew up on both cows milk and goats milk, grandma would just dip it out of the milk bucket into the glass, it never hurt me or anyone else in the family. Today's milk on the other hand is so processed that it is about 2 molecules away from being plastic. Taku John

sunkist
Fri, Sep-12-03, 07:52
Hi Taku John
Yeah - see my grandmother grew up on raw goats milk and swore by it for good health & skin. I have tried raw cows milk from a reliable source but I can see that i get puffy when I drink it. I love it though!!!

I am going to try and find a source for raw goats milk, then make yogurt out of it. It's gonna be tough to find - but I'll try!!

thanks for the input I appreciate it :agree:

jaybird
Tue, Sep-16-03, 22:17
I've just recently tried raw cow's milk, but it is carby so I'm not drinking any now. But I love it, so creamy and rich! I think there are some paleo peeps that believe raw milks and cheese could be considered "correct". Not everyone agrees of course. Something I've become very interested in is "metabolic typing". I read about it on www.mercola.com. He talks about how every single person is different and it's important to find out your own metabolic type. He generally recommends no dairy however it may be good for some peoples metabolism. It's pretty interesting stuff on that website..someday when I have the money I am going to get this blood test done that will tell my type. By the way, it's not anything to do with your blood type, there is a blood test that actually sees the reaction your body has to a huge variety of foods. Anyways, kind of off topic I guess. If cow milk makes you puffy, I guess that's a good indicicator your body doesn't "like" it. I tried goat milk a few weeks ago....has an interesting weird aftertaste, but at the same time I couldn't stop drinking it, lol. Wow, kefir sounds good. I've been wanting to try it for a while.