PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone I am new to this and not sure how it works

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dlsaucy
Thu, Sep-11-03, 10:55
Hi Every one,
I am new to message boards and not sure how it works what does thread mean. I think I introduce myself here right?
well I am 55 from Rochester Ny .I am seperated and I have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren and I have always had a weight problem I have been on many diets and always gained back more than I lost I really need help and cant afford most diets I hope this will work for me . I will be looking for all kinds of advice and help like WHAT CAN I EAT????
Hope to make some friends here bye for now

Dlsaucy

Lori H
Thu, Sep-11-03, 12:54
Hello and welcome! A "thread" is what you just wrote...a topic that is started so that others can read and reply if they want to. Ask any questions you have and someone can usually help you out. Do you have the book Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? If not please get it and read it. It is an invaluable source of information. It is available in paperback too. Until you get it, go to atkins.com as they have lots of info there too. This is a great forum with much advice and support available and we are glad to have you join us!

Lori H
Thu, Sep-11-03, 12:56
By the way, up near they top of this page is a icon labeled ?faq (for frequently asked questions.) Just click on it info on this site. It is in the line with Home and Profile, etc.

dlsaucy
Fri, Sep-12-03, 14:37
Thank you for replying Lori I feel good about this diet yes I do have the Dr. Atkins book and your right it is very helpful. thanks again