PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

honeybuns
Wed, Sep-10-03, 00:52
Hi. New to board. I've been doing Atkins for six weeks, and am stalled at 10 lb. loss. I've been posting on a strictly Atkins board, and thought it would be nice to get some perspectives from people involved with other LC plans.

Sweetness
Wed, Sep-10-03, 03:17
Hi there. I notice that your weight to begin with wasn't excessive. I am the same and my weight loss has been very slow. I have been doing it with my husband and he is much bigger than me. His weight loss has been incredible. Don't know if it's a question of percentage. Maybe if you don't have so much to lose then it takes longer. Just a thought.

LittleAnne
Wed, Sep-10-03, 06:03
Hi Honeybuns

Welcome to this forum. I think that you have done really well in losing 10 pounds in 6 weeks. From your stats you just have 10 pounds to go and they will take quite a long time to depart. Your body will be reluctant to give up those last few pounds and so you will need to stay focussed. Keep exercising and converting your body fat into muscle. In the end you may not need to go so low as your target, but you will have developed a slimline toned body, none the less.

Continued success.

DWRolfe
Wed, Sep-10-03, 08:16
Welcome to the forum!

Kick back, settle in, and navigate your way around. There’s more information than you ever imagined here…and great people, too!

Good luck!

Donald :wave: