PDA

View Full Version : noodles from cabbage

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pjaye
Mon, Sep-08-03, 20:00
Desperate for noodles last night, just wanted something to hold my alfredo sauce. Grabbed a head of cabbage, sliced it into thin strip, sauted in butter and had the closest thing to noodles I've had in awhile. Even the kids ate it. Think I'll try spagetti squash next. It's not that I miss the pasta as much as something to hold the sauce!

frogg
Wed, Sep-10-03, 09:19
You can also use zucchini as a pasta by shaving it with a carrot peeler into long fetucchini-like strands, or use a spagetti squash for 'spagetti'. And please ignore my bad spelling!

pjaye
Wed, Sep-10-03, 09:53
How do you cook spagetti squash?

frogg
Wed, Sep-10-03, 10:56
Try -->here<-- (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110447&highlight=spagetti+squash) , there's a whole thread on it. I was just reading it today, actually. Great stuff.