PDA

View Full Version : new atkins dieter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dorothy624
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:09
I am on day 6 of the atkins diet. I have lost 6 lbs. Today is the first day I don't feel so whoopy. I have been a bit shaky and even seen spots. Any one with similiar incidents? My sweet tooth has been my problem since I started, I have used the sugar free jello to take care of this any other suggestions?

madmike
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:16
Hi Dorothy:

Are you putting whipped cream (you know the real sweet stuff in the can) on your jello? This really does it for me. Also, Atkins makes pancake mix and a no-carb syrup that helps my sweet tooth as well, although I don't know if you can have the pancakes on induction.
As far as being shaky, you will get some good advice on here from people more in the know than me, but I have heard that it could stem from potassium and/or calcium levels being too low so you might try supplements or eating foods that have a higher count in those areas. YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Keep it up... mad

Dorothy624
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:24
thanks a bunch for the support. I will get some whipped cream and check on the suplements. I do take a daily vitamin, but may need more. Congrats to you to on your losses! NIce to meet you.

Loser1
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:30
Hi Dorothy,

I'm a newbie as well. Just registered. I've been on Atkins for 6 weeks with great results the first 3 but have stalled out now and am looking for some advice on what to do. Just wanted to say hi. P.S. My cravings for sweets went away in a week or so - I even went for ice cream after 1 month to celebrate and couldn't eat it --too sweet! Imagine!
Good Luck. Loser1

Dorothy624
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:34
Nice to meet you! Glad you stopped by to post. I hope you get advice, if you do, pass it along, just incase.....how much have you lost?