PDA

View Full Version : Another Newibe from Tennessee

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ICountToo
Mon, Sep-08-03, 11:37
Hello,

I'm a newbie to Atkins and have a lot of weight to lose. I am 45 years old and have found myself isolated and eating myself to death. About 10 days ago, I was browsing this web site and decided to do the diet. I am trying to save myself - to get moving again and to only put the right foods in my body. I have had a great week and have started exercising slowly - getting in slow 1 mile walks daily. I wish I had someone to go walk with - I think going out to eat was my only real social contact.

I'm excited to have found this chat and hope to make some friends here and lose a lot of weight. There are so many encouraging stories - it is very uplifting.

Is there a way to find others in my area that visit this site that might want to walk or exercise?

Do you have to pay fees to send private messages? I can't get that feature to work. :doah:

Thanks for reading.

I count too!

MetilHed
Mon, Sep-08-03, 12:00
Hi,

Great progress so far !! Keep up the good work.

I think to be able to use the PM system you need to have a minimum number of posts (I think it's 25) before you can use it.

HTH,
Met

ICountToo
Mon, Sep-08-03, 12:14
25 post? I don't have that much to contribute. How sad.

Lori H
Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:17
Hello and welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you joinning us. I am from Tennessee too. You will get to 25 posts before you know it. Anything you post counts towards the total, so if you write in somebodys journal say, that counts towards your goal. This forum is addictive. You will find lots of things to reply to if you spend much time here. Sometimes it's just giving some support to somebodys post (we all need that) and sometimes you might have a question or a comment. This is a great information and support site so join us often and good luck!

ICountToo
Mon, Sep-08-03, 15:09
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've spent about 4 days reading the forum and trying to get used to the site.

I need to find walking buddies - think there are any in my area?