PDA

View Full Version : urgent! Clean up the Nutrition Forum!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sat, Sep-06-03, 21:23
I went to make a post and do a search on Flaxseed oil and l-carnitine and there are some very disturbing threads and replies.

Rosebud
Sat, Sep-06-03, 21:31
Hi there,

Which threads and posts do you mean? :confused:

If you really think any post is disturbing, you can always click on "Report post" at the bottom of each post. Otherwise, leave the links here of any threads that are bothering you. I just had a quick look there and couldn't see anything that was out of line.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

doreen T
Sat, Sep-06-03, 21:46
hi there,

If you're referring to posts in the Nutrition section of the Usenet forums, those are external newsgroups which are simply linked to our site for reader interest. We can't control what posters write, since they're not members here. However, as Rosebud noted .. if you encounter a message that's extremely offensive, please report to us and we'll try to remove. Note that in some cases we may have to delete the entire thread.

Doreen

Rosebud
Sat, Sep-06-03, 22:14
Thanks, Doreen! :) I tend to forget about the Usenet forums. Yes, some posts there can be "disturbing," which is why I rarely bother to visit them. ;)

94513, I thought you meant our Nutrition and Supplements forum, (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131) which is a direct part of our forum.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Sun, Sep-07-03, 17:00
Rosebud & doreen T,

Thank you very much for an answer to my dismay. I was referring to some posts in the Nutrition section of the Usenet forums, which I did not know they were external newsgroups which are simply linked to this site for reader interest. I understand you can't control what posters write, since they're not members. Almost all I looked at yesterday were from guests and seemed to be medical students trying to one up another with their witt?

I will more closely look into nutrition and supplements for my needs are. Thank you again and I apologize for my slightly confusing thread yesterday!

regards,