PDA

View Full Version : starting again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ian559
Thu, Sep-04-03, 06:43
well after losing 70lbs last year then getting bit by a spider and doing steroids I am back 5 lbs heavier than before!!!!

Iowagirl
Thu, Sep-04-03, 09:09
Welcome back! Are you off the steroids?

Stay away from carbs and spiders. :)

ian559
Thu, Sep-04-03, 10:54
yes I am off the steriods. But I am back up to 380 lbs. This stinks. I was in a 52 inch waist and now I am back into a 58. So sad

mischa
Thu, Sep-04-03, 14:42
Hi Ian and welcome to this forum:) You have done it before and you can do it again:)

I wish you great success

:wave:

ian559
Fri, Sep-05-03, 18:35
Thanks for encouragement. Was so easy last time. This time I am getting terrible headaches, body aches, and am so tired!!!!!!! If this had happened last time I would have never made it

Paulie-M
Sat, Sep-06-03, 13:27
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can do it. What sort of spider was it that bit you? It sounds a mean sucka!

ian559
Mon, Sep-08-03, 15:20
I was bit by a brown recluse spider. It was on the 18th lap of the brickyard 500 last year. I was alone with my then 9 year old son. I went into shock almost right away. I was alergic to the venom. I ended up in the infield trauma center for the rest of the race. Not fun to say the least. After a few weeks I kept getting sick. A blood test found that the venom had caused my body to begin to eat my muscles. Then it was into steroid hell. Those things made me so hungry. I was eating and eating and eating. I gained all my weight back plus 5 lbs.

ICountToo
Mon, Sep-08-03, 16:37
Ian,
Welcome back to the best WOE! You can do it.

I'm glad you made it thru the spider episode.

You lost 70 lbs last year so you KNOW this works for you. Congrats on starting back on the plan!

ian559
Mon, Sep-08-03, 20:10
Yes it works but its been real hard this time to stay on it. I am doing it but its been tough.