PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

traceyb
Tue, Sep-02-03, 14:41
I started the atkins diet three weeks ago and have so far lost 20lbs !!!

The 'old' diets I've tried (ie; w/w, rosemary conley ) would make me want to cheat and constantly crave chocolate, but I can honestly say that since starting atkins those cravings have all but disappeared. The good thing is that not only am I now losing weight (yipee) but I also feel that the 'habit' of passing the cupboard or fridge and wanting to open the doors has passed.

Although I have stuck to the diet quite strictly and have not drunk alcohol at all, I have just started to crave the odd cup of tea, would drinking it (like just one a day in the morning) made with full cream milk set me back that much. I can't stick cream in it or liken to the taste of herbal tea. If someone could let me know I would be grateful.

madmike
Tue, Sep-02-03, 15:15
Hi Tracey Sue:

Enjoy your tea... I don't know how many carbs are in the cream, but if its low (and it should be considering the amount) this shouldn't hurt you at all. Sometimes caffiene can cause a stall (in a small % of folks) and if that happens, you can always cut it out for a few days and see if the weight loss returns.
Congrats on the loss so far and keep up the good work! mad

traceyb
Wed, Sep-03-03, 03:05
Thanks for the information, I will try and drink a cup a day and see what happens. I may even use soya milk which is lower in carbs than full fat milk (I think!), not sure what it tastes like though.

Thanks again. :yay: