PDA

View Full Version : I started and I'm feeling lousy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LarryAZ
Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:03
Well I'm on my 3rd day of 20 carbs total. I mowed lawns today and almost didn't have the energy to lift the mower back into the truck. All my favorite foods are carbs!

I need to lose some weight but my real goal is to get my Cholesterol levels in check. After trying everything anyone has ever suggested that will lower Chol. and failing someone suggested a LC diet. I was on Lipitor and it worked fine except my liver enzymes went off the chart. I read Atkins and Carb. Attics and decided they made sense so here I am.

Right now I'm working out a suggested meal sheet to put on the frig. I need to work this out around things I like to eat that are acceptable to the 20 carb. limit. I would love a candy bar right now!

I also need to buy a decent scale. Mine can be 5 pounds either way.

Glad to find this group. I will be reading and learning and hopefully getting back my energy. I'm usually strong as an ox.

Thank - Larry

J.J.
Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:13
Hang in there Larry!

The first two weeks are tough! Make sure you're drinking lots of water and buy some Pork Rinds to take with you in the car. Something that is handy, won't spoil in the car and will satisfy your urge to stop and get a candy bar!

I also found that if you eat about every 2-4 hrs it will help keep your energy level up.

Hang in there! There's lots of help on this site so use it as your own personal support group!

Talk to ya soon!

JJ

wendy858
Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:26
What J.J. said. :lol:

Welcome aboard Larry. It is so normal to feel crappy for the first few days. The upside is that you will wake up on day 4 or 5 feeling great!
Make sure that you drink tons of water!!!
Also, eat often.
In a few days you will not even want a chocolate bar. (really :) )

Good luck to you!!!!!!!

Buffie
Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:50
I Am A 60 Year Old; Am Almost Finished The First Two Weeks, But Will Continue With The Induction Phase Because Of The Weight I Need To Lose.

The First Week I Felt Terrible--felt Sick, Had Diarhhea--in Fact The First Two Days I Cheated; By The Third Day, I Was Sort Of Ok

I Am Somewhat Amazed That I Don't Really Crave The Sugars And Salts That I Did.

I Truly Am A Carbohydrate Addict--there Wasn't A Moment In The Day When I Didn't Think About What I Would Eat Next--doughnuts, Cookies, Pretzels, Candy, Ice Cream, Pasta, Bread And On And On.

I Take It One Second At A Time; Sometimes I Feel Why Bother, But Where I Am Going Is Not Healthy.

I Only Have One Thing To Say; After Two Weeks, I Believe You Will Be Somewhat Better--not Great, But Better. I Don't Think You Will Have The Cravings.

Can't Believe At 60 That I Finally Am Admitting That I Am A Carbohydrate Addict--just Like An Alcoholic.

I Have Good Moments And Bad Moments; Still Have Some Cravings At Night, But I Eat One Or Two Of The Low Carb Candy.

Hope You Can Make It. Buffie

ImHere
Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:55
Larry,
Welcome aboard.
I do a bit of exercising (cardio and weight training) and have done that for some time before starting Atkins. Let me assure you that the first couple of weeks are the toughest in terms of strength and stamina in regard to exercise or physical labor. The first week was the toughest but its gotten progressively better ever since. I just finished week 4 and am able to lift at that weights that I could lift pre Atkins.

As well as all the recommended water please remember to take potassium and magnesium supplements, especially if you are physically active. Otherwise you will feel weaker and have muscle cramps and aches.

P.S. if its any help day 3 was my very worse day.

LarryAZ
Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:47
Thanks everyone. I do plan to push thru this. I can do anything for two weeks.

Larry