PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing it...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Epattib
Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:16
Here I am! I have decided to really do Atkins not just sorta do low carbs. I am officially starting Induction today after a period of thinking about it.

My story is pretty typically. On Nov 1, 2001 I went to WW at 201 lbs and stuck with it for about a year, losing about 12 - 14 lbs. But I got to a point where I wasn't getting anything out of it and felt there might be something else for me. I went to a nutritionist who told me to read Paleo Diet and gave me recommendations to follow it. I challenged him on the no carb thing. What? No whole grains? Are you kidding me? I always thought that any diet or nutritional advice that excluded a food group was extreme.

However, maybe its because I had just read the Clan of the Cave Bear series (Hey! Take your inspiration where you can get it!) I decided that the Paleo thing made sense and went about it. I lost 4 lbs the next month, but couldn't afford the nutritionist or the supplements.

So for several months I have been sorta low-carbing it when several people I know have had a lot of success with Atkins. So I read the book and here I am, ready to start!
Patti

Big Dutch
Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:42
Hello epatibb
Welcome to the Atkin's diet and low-carbing in general.
You're gonna love losing those nasty pounds, although the first few days of Induction are rather unpleasant. But believe me,...it's worth it.
Good luck.
Big Dutch.