PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunny37ns
Mon, Sep-01-03, 01:53
Here I am, almost 5 am, up with pain in my tummy and wondering what I am doing to myself, I was on low carb before and did quite well, but like most thought I could control my weight with normal foods...like potatoes, breads, even potatoe chips.
Now I am in worse shape and my highest weight, I don't even know what that is, but it feels like the highest, my tummy is growning on a daily basis it seems. I'm type 2 diabetic and my sugars are out of wack totally. I feel yucky and bloated, I have an unpset tummy dailey, no energy,so knowing what I know about low carb and how it made me feel, you would think I would do something.
Well, today I have, I am recommitting to this WOL. Those few months I was a low carb'er I felt the best I evr felt, I quess I need a good swift kick you know where. The doctor gave me that when he told me if I don;t get the sugars under control, I will be on insulin. I promised him I would get things under control. Then begged him not to put me on anything yet, as in medication. He said he would give me a month to prove I can control it.
I need this board and alot of support, I cant wait to get to know everyone better and to prove to myself I can feel better...

See you in a few hours, I think now I may be able to sleep.

Edwina

Lori H
Mon, Sep-01-03, 14:34
As you probably already know, this is a great place for support. I bet you are able to improve your blood sugar with low carbing. I wish you all the best and let us know how things are going with you!

CaseyZee
Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:58
You're certainly in the right place Edwina. I think you'll find a lot of support, encouragement, and inspiration in this forum.

Thanks for joining us and Good Luck!