PDA

View Full Version : Just "officially" starting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stevodevo
Sun, Aug-31-03, 17:10
I am just starting to truly follow a low-carb lifestyle. I began in earnest 3 months ago.... lost 15 pounds right away and stayed there. Too muc "cheating"

I am heading to the store tomorrow to restock the shelves.... meat, fish, fresh fruit, veggies.

This is a lifelong struggle to stay healthy and low-carb. Too many temptations for me.... I love so many carb foods. I need to find good low-carb alternatives when the urges strike.

:wiggle: I kind of look this this at times. A little round in the middle, but always smiling.

Bye for now.

Rosebud
Sun, Aug-31-03, 17:33
Hi Stevodevo, welcome! :wave:

You'll find plenty of support here in this great forum. You might think about starting a journal here - I've found mine to be an invaluable help.

Have a good look around. There is a lot of good info on the orange bar at the top of the screen - especially in "Low Carb Tips."

Happy low carbing!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

stevodevo
Thu, Sep-04-03, 06:40
Thanks for "listening". I started the program in earnest and quickly lost 15 pounds to my current 205. I M stuck here.

Granted, I cheat more than I should. Any thoughts on how I can restart my weight loss?

:confused:

Rosebud
Thu, Sep-04-03, 15:01
Hi Stevo,

I can only suggest you restart Induction. How about having a look at the "Before you cheat" and "After you cheat" stickies from our Confession Booth? Click here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108) for a quick link to the Confession Booth.

Have you removed all the "carbage" from your shelves? I know that if I had not removed all sugar, flour etc etc when I started, there would definitely have been times when I'd have weakened.

You can do this!

All the best to you.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: