PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid problems?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Spiderman
Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:58
Just don't know what to think anymore. I had a thyroid test done a few months ago and this came back 'normal' and my doctor doesn't seem interested.

I have alot of the symptoms, especially daily fatigue and a morning basal temp of mid 36. I don't think I've ever seen my temperature go into the 37s at any point throughout the day.

I thought it could be candida but I've tried alot of the recommened supplements and never had any improvment.

One comment my doc did make was 'maybe it was a virus you had a few years ago, on the good days push yourself and on the bad days relax' - which is obviously no use to me or anyone who wants to live a real life.

I guess the question is should I acept it as normal that I have a low body temp and just try to get on with my life. Is it healthy to have a temp in the 36s?

Paleoanth
Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:19
Do you have your thyroid test results on you? If you post them, me or someone else could look to see if anything looks wonky.

My own thyroid problem was not discovered even after taking the test-because my thryoid was just starting to have problems. My T3 and T4 levels were all normal, but my TSH was slightly elevated.

Paulie-M
Sun, Aug-31-03, 15:49
My blood tests show "within normal levels", but it has been found that I need more thyroid hormone for function properly. It may be worth making an appointment with an endocrinologist.

Isiar
Sun, Sep-07-03, 22:15
Hi Spiderman
You might want to check www.diagnosis.4t.com It's the website of a woman who suffered all the symptoms of Hypo and was not diagnosticated by lab exams. I guess the information there could be very valuable for you.
Best wishes, Isiar