PDA

View Full Version : Thousand Island Dressing -- LC and either tangy or sweet-ish

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mind-full
Mon, Aug-25-03, 19:00
I made this for my devoted Thousand-Islander husband. He cannot stand the thought of Ranch or bleu cheese dressing, and many others don't taste good to him, so off to the drawing board:

LC Thousand Island Dressing

1/2 c. mayonnaise (2.5 carbs)
3 T. dill relish (no carb variety) or one dill spear minced (1 carb)
4 T. chili sauce (I make my own, about 3 carbs total)
1/3 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. white vinegar

Do this up in a blender or mini food processor and allow to chill overnight. It's good first-off, but the chilling allows it to set up a bit more.

For a sweeter dressing, add about a 3/4 tsp. Splenda and mix well.

This makes about 1 cup dressing, or 16 Tbsp. at 8 carbs for the entire batch and 0.5 carbs per Tbsp.

I've heard of adding hard-boiled egg to the dressing ... thickens it up a bit, but we don't care for that addition.

As always, be creative!

Jen-Ai
Sat, Sep-27-03, 11:15
Sounds great and I miss sweet dressings. I wasted money on some LC honeymustard dressing last week and I was about ready to give up and stick with my caesar. Now I'm hopeing you have poste your chili auce recipe as I can't find any LC enough.

Jen-Ai

Noura80
Mon, Aug-15-05, 00:11
what about Tabasco for the chili sauce?