PDA

View Full Version : Still in awe...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vel
Mon, Aug-25-03, 12:47
You guys all know I have been on CAD for quite a long time now, almost a full year, actually. And yet, even now I can still be amazed at just how much this program has changed my life.

I had a funeral to go to this weekend. The service was lovely and we retired to the reception room for the usual meet and greet, along with a lovely coffee/tea/sandwiches/sqares repast. I helped myself to a coffee and proceeded to make my way over to an area of the room where it wasn't as crowded. My sister was there and we got talking. She mentioned that the food looked wonderful, but that she wouldn't dare have one of the sweets or sandwiches, because if she did, she would never be able to stop. She is a tiny little thing, 5'4" and about 115lbs. And yet, at that moment I felt luckier than her. Because I didn't care about the food at all! I wasn't lamenting that I "couldn't" have any, or even priding myself on having such amazing self control. I just didn't care about it. It might as well have been a picture in a magazine for all the appeal it had. It was a lovely looking spread, but that was all. At that moment I realized just how free I have become with CAD.

The second thing that occured to me during the afternoon was when my Mom said to me.. "Don't you want to sit down?" I had been standing for about 1.5 hours at that point and hadn't even thought about sitting. That is a 100% turn-around from before when I would have been looking for the best "perch" as soon as I entered the room.

So, I hope this doesn't sound too over the top.. but I need to make sure I recognize and appreciate all the gifts I get from CAD. It has changed my life.

Tracy

quikdeb
Mon, Aug-25-03, 14:59
What an uplifting post. You have come so far and done so well.

I often feel that same sense of "awe". It so good to be in charge...

Deb

Zuleikaa
Mon, Aug-25-03, 17:33
CAD saved my life!!

KittenLady
Mon, Aug-25-03, 23:05
Hi Tracy,
Doesn't sound over-the-top to me -- it sounds like you're at the peak and you can see how far you have come on your Great Journey. How wonderful for you! :rose:

BeccaResRN
Mon, Aug-25-03, 23:22
WOO hOO I love CAD too :)

JACQUIE UK
Tue, Aug-26-03, 02:10
Good for you Tracey
Its great to see your success!! Its truely amazing how Cad changes you whole view of food.
Gobsmacking!!
Jacquie

lowco
Tue, Aug-26-03, 17:19
It has done wonders for me. 1 cup of ice-cream is just right now a days(had less than 1 cup today).i can actually have a few cookies instead of the package.

muweek
Sat, Sep-13-03, 20:12
I wholeheartedly agree. As I said earlier, just knowing that if I really want something during the day, then if I wait I can have it at RM. By then, the feeling may have passed and I am no longer interested. If you had given in earlier, it might not have been all that great but your body would still have ingested the calories, fat and sugar!!!