PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

easyrider
Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:55
Over the weekend, I was in the forbidden zone of sweets and carbohydrates and starches :nono:, But! That’s the past. Starting today, Monday will be a new way of life for me so I will need all the support I can get. Just like most of you when first starting out! But! After looking through it seems to me theirs more viewers then supports. Viewers please!!! If you can give me some advice, please do so. It's the ones who don't talk who may have some of the best suggestions. I only will go on faith from the goddess that I will get support and be able to support others, while learning this way of life. Best wishes and good luck to all of us.

etoiles
Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:55
Hi Easyrider!

Just wanted to welcome you to this forum and this way of eating!! Reminds me of when I started low carbing also had a mini carb blow out the day or two before. Now I don't miss any of it! And I'm sure you won't either!

Best of luck on your new way of life!

strokerace
Tue, Aug-26-03, 09:19
Hello and welcome,
I did not do the blow out eating before I went on Atkin's it was a last minute thing lol. After the first day I had wished I did, but now it is so easy. I have been on Atkin's for 3 1/2 weeks maybe 4 now lol. I have lost about 14 lbs and I feel great. I am not one with lots of self control or one to stick to a diet but this is not bad at all.
Be ware you will feel real crappy the first few days, that is a good thing, that means it is working to clean all the crap out of your system. You will go through carb withdraws. I found that jello, deviled eggs, summer sausage, cream cheese, slim jim's and a mousse recipe I found really helped.
Another thing I did is, every time I felt hungry I put it off for a while and would drink a whole glass of water. I found that doing a craft like building a model or rug hooking or anything to keep your hands busy was a big help. If I was hungry and I thought I was going to cheat I would come to this site and sit and read a while and I would forget I was hungry and learned some great ideas.
Be sure not to eat the same thing forever. I made the mistake to start the diet before going shopping to fill the house with food I could have and it was hard when I was hungry to live on cheese, eggs and hamberger.
I have found some awesome recipes on here. It is such a great help. Just take it a half hour at a time is what I did. It can be hard the first few days but just think of how much easier it will be if you do not mess up. Be proud of yourself every hour because, some people just can not make it that far. Once past induction you can take it one day at a time.
You can add cream cheese to jello that is a wonderful treat.

Here is the mousse recipe I found
1 cup heavy whipping cream ( dairy dept.)
2 packets sweetener (splenda)
2 tbls unsweetened powdered coca (Hershey's or Toll House)
Mix with hand blender or beater for about 3 to 5 min on med. Yummm
You can add cream cheese too.

fitday.com is a great toll for counting carbs too. It was a huge help for me. And if you get a chance to start a journal on here it is a real great idea. I know I have a hard time keeping mine up because of kids and racing. Racing season is almost over and I will have more time.
Well if I think of anyting else I will be sure to let you know. Oh ya you can eat pork skins if you can stomch them. lol
Good luck and God Bless
We can do it.