PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm a South Beach Dieter new to this forum!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NannylouG
Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:40
Hi,

I have been on the South Beach Diet since 7/15/2003 (so I am finishing my 6th week).

I love this diet! :yay: Things that have happened that I did not expect:

1. I can actually see the loss of my stomach! The drop was so drastic that even I noticed!
2. I am sleeping through the night. After several years of nocturnal activity, I no longer awaken at 2 or 3 am.
3. My sinuses have been clearer and I no longer suffer from morning post-nasal drip.

I have lost 14 pounds and have 8 to go to reach my goal. I have not lost anything in the past week so I have started an exercise regimen to jump-start my metabolism.

Any other SBD-ers out there?

Nanny

lkonzelman
Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:44
I'm an Atkins person but low carbing is low carbing and exercise will always help your metabolism and losing inches faster.

Note: for the metabolism try for 4-5 smaller meals instead of 3 larger meals.

NannylouG
Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:48
Hi Lisa,

Thanks, I will try doing that. You are right, low carbing is low carbing.

Your stats are incredible. Congratulations on your hard work and success!

lkonzelman
Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:51
Thank you muchly!

lawoman
Mon, Aug-25-03, 10:03
Hi Nanny,

Welcome to this forum!It's always great to see another success in LC eating no matter what the choice is.I,myself,did Atkins for a few yrs. and was terribly stalled so I switched to Fat Flush and I love it.I am on week 17 starting tomorrow,lost 27 lbs., and I am still not tired of it.I love that I don't hardly ever have cravings.I saw the the SB diet is a best seller but don't know much about it.If this one doesn't always work for me,I'll consider switching.

I'm happy to see some other LC diets here because I find different plans and the results to be of interest.

Thanks for sharing...
Linda

NannylouG
Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:05
Hi Linda!

I am convinced that carbs have been an evil for me for many years. I am finally doing something about it and am feeling great.

I believe any low-carb plan that works for you is worth its weight in gold. Best of Luck to you!

lawoman
Mon, Aug-25-03, 17:08
Hi Nanny,

I think tou are sooo right but the truth of the matter is that carbs are not the downfall of just you and I,but most of America.The obesity rates are off the chart.I also believe that processed foods have a lot to do with it.I eat very little of that anymore and try to eat whole foods whenever possible.

You're on the right track and have all the right ideas...that is why you are seeing a successful change in your weight.Keep up the great work...

Linda

lkonzelman
Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:42
There are wonderful carbs too like veggies! There is no blacks and whites.... most things are in shades of gray.