PDA

View Full Version : I quit today Aug 24th

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

justcindy
Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:09
Ok, figured since I am getting my body in shape and eating whole natural foods I may as well get rid of these stupid smokes too. Got my patch on and threw out all my ashtrays etc. I have to admit the only thing that worries me is gaining weight but I am just gonna stick with my low carb diet, all I can do.
~Cindy

RCFletcher
Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:32
Take up drinking green tea - lots of it! It speeds up the metabolism which will, to a degree, compensate for the slowing down due to quitting smoking.

Congratulations on giving up smoking.

justcindy
Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:37
Thanks!! :) Green tea eh? Hhhmm...on my way to the store here soon so I will pick some up, thank you!

sharann
Sun, Aug-24-03, 12:17
Just don't pick up any cigs!
Great job on chosing not smoking. It will be so nice to reach your goal with this monster tackled already. Just don't nosh on carbs. If you need to eat, eat sunflower or pumkin seeds to keep yo oral fixation controlled. Keep the quit!

josiekat
Sun, Aug-24-03, 12:49
Hi Cindy,

Congrats on making the decision to quit. It's not easy at the best of times but while you are LCing too....kudo's to you. Listen to what RCFletcher says.....drink green tea.....it will up your metabolism....I wish I would have known that when I quit. Next weekend will mark the 3 months smoke-free for me....all I can say is if I can do it, anyone can.

Way to go!

Jo

Karsuepas
Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:24
Hi Cindy,

Great news about the cigarettes....you will feel so much better! I have been smoke free for 16 months now. Giving smoking up was very difficult for me but I have finally done it and you will too... The first 72 hours are the most difficult after that it is all down hill.

Good luck!

Karen