PDA

View Full Version : Hi. New here, not LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chreslie
Sat, Aug-23-03, 21:56
Hello. I am actually 2 people but I have better access to the internet. I am doing Atkins with friend at work. It has been 3 months and we're doing okay. We are eager to share and listen to some of the same things like the stalling of weight loss. I have been dieting since my teen years. Then they called it the Air Force Diet but it was LC. I did WW in the 80's with success, but lately there has been SO much diet news that I couldn't think. After much confusion, I finally did ALOT of research and chose Atkins. And I feel GREAT! I'm taking vitamins and minerals for the first time in my life on a regular basis. I used to get heartburn all the time - from SUGAR! Nobody believed me. I don't get it anymore. I don't crave bread, rice, noodles, sweets like I used to. I eat well, prepare myself so I don't get into situations I can't control and mostly have given myself permission to be normal. That means if something comes up and I don't want to make what I eat an issue, I eat what is there. A wedding, at the Hilton - WOW. What GREAT food! And I ate it, without guilt. I danced and enjoyed myself and didn't worry about the "food". Didn't beat myself up either. Next day, a little more water, a little more effort exersizing, BUT NO GUILT! We aren't failures.
This time I also prepared very well. Cut up onions and peppers in the freezer; cooked bacon in the oven then put that in the freezer;Made some zucchini bread using Atkins bake mix (REALLY GOOD!) cut it up and in the freezer. Always have hard boiled eggs and have those cheese sticks handy. Crunchies are the pork rinds of course, and sometimes with a little dip.
So that's my story. Take it one day at a time, and I control this part of my life. And don't tell anyone if you don't want to. I will look to see who is in the first part - it's tough but you can do it.
Good luck to ALL!

Kristine
Sun, Aug-24-03, 08:59
Hi to both of you! Congrats on your success so far! :thup: You definitely have the right attitude.

Enjoy!