PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, I'm new here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Serena
Thu, Aug-21-03, 11:51
Hi, I just thought I would introduce myself.

I have always been at a pretty good weight. I guess you could call me average. But I am also one of those people who is always "on a diet". I am 5'3 and have always been between 120 and 130lbs.

I had a little girl in Oct 2000 and gained 70 pound while I was pregnant...I lost 80 with Weight Watchers and Body For Life in about 7 months. I was just 113 lbs when I got pregnant with my baby boy who was born in Aug 2002 and only gained about 35. I have been between 115 and 120 for about 8 months, it didn't take me long to get back to normal.

I gained about 4 pounds on vacation at the begining of June and counted my WW's points exactly for about 7 weeks and couldn't get the scale to budge. I started Atkins at the end of July and I am hoping to get off those few pounds.

I exercise A LOT! I take spinning classes 3-4 times a week, run 2 days and do weights 3-4 times as well. I know that I am in good shape physically, I just have quite a bit of cellulite on my thighs that I am working on.

I plan a sticking around for a while, even when my few pounds in gone (soon hopefully).

Nice to meet you, Good Luck and have a great day!

strokerace
Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:50
Well you come to a great site for tips and recipes for the Atkin's plan. This is my first real diet and it is working wonderful for me. I have lost about 14 lbs in 3 weeks and feel great. I plan to stay on this for life. It is great and easy. I do not exercise a much just cleaning and chasing kids. lol. I plan to start walking on my thred mill at least 3 times a week not that the older kids are back in school. I do day care at home and have a 11 year old and a 14 month old. They keep me busy.

Well good luck to you.
Nice to meet you.
God Bless and Take care,
Tina