PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bellern
Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:09
Hi! I'm an enthusiastic new member who's been on Atkins for more than a month. I have lost 8 lbs. but seem to be on a plateau for the past 10 days (even though I'm sticking to 20-25 grams/day). I know I feel better, just getting a bit discouraged. Any suggestions? Laura

Atriana
Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:26
Hi and welcome to the forum. In the first couple of weeks, a lot of what you lost was water. Now your body is getting some of that back, you are losing fat while holding on to more water and that is why the scale isn't moving. Take measurements, they are a more accurate indicator. Another thing is you don't have very much weight to lose. The average is 10% of the weight you need to lose during induction and 5% per mont5h after that. You are way above the averages. Start a journal, it is an excellent way to track your progress and interact with other members.

bellern
Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:59
Thanks Atriana! I needed to hear that. I didn't realy think about water loss vs. fat loss. I know I feel different in my clothes. I just expected to see more of a difference on the scale. I'll stick with it. Laura

lkonzelman
Thu, Aug-21-03, 08:00
Take measurements too. Since you have so little to lose it will be a slow process for you but we low carbers look leaner faster so knowing your inches lost may help you through the slow lb loss....

bellern
Thu, Aug-21-03, 21:04
Thanks Lisa. I needed to hear that. I'll stick with it. And congratulations on your weight loss. I'm planning on learning a lot from you and others on this website! Laura