PDA

View Full Version : Foreign student down 15 in two weeks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

iceman24
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:05
Ok so there i was eating pizza and coke for breakfast during my first two years in school and before you know it i had gained 80 pounds. Its amazing how different food can be compared from a geographical point of view. I went on the Atkins "diet" two weeks ago and hit the gym 5 days out of 7 and boom, i'm down 15 pounds like that. Its amazing. I've been on all sorts of diets and this low carb eating habit serves me well. I dont know what i will do when i go back home. Parents are vegetarians :cry: By the way i'm from Sri Lanka.

lkonzelman
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:17
Wow don't you seem like an interesting addition to our forum.

Welcome!

harleydee
Wed, Aug-20-03, 16:01
Hey Iceman!

Do your parents mind if you eat meat? If not, you can always buy your meat and keep it separately from their foods. If they do mind, then maybe you'll have to eat out for 1 or 2 meals a day and eat vegetarian style when you get home.

There are other things with protein like eggs, cheese, seafood (depending on how strict your parents are with the "vegetarian" lifesyle) that you can eat at home.

Are you planning on going home soon? Or do you think you lose the weight before you go home?

Good luck!

Tsve
Thu, Aug-21-03, 18:38
hello! welcome to the forums, even though I just joined here myself.

well at least on low-carb, once you get to a certain point you can eat a lot more vegetables with all your meals. and things like nuts stil have a lot of protien, and avacodos. plus oil has a lot of fat, so even if you can't eat meat, there are ways around it. Like the Atkins bars and shakes.

But since you are just starting that would be the last thing I would worry about anyway :) I guess you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

Wenzday
Fri, Aug-22-03, 08:16
oh boy! I remember being a vegetairan in college and having to go home to where they ate NO veggies...lol it was horrible! I ate only bread and cheese and got really sick. Am obviously no longer a veggie..
Just make sure that you stick to it! Do your own cooking! :) congrats!