PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ItsTheWooo
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:01
My sister wants to do just a minor low carb diet. She wants to know is she can eat peanut butter, would that be okay? I told her it is filled with sugar, but she disagrees.

melissasvh
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:12
Most commercial peanut butter does, indeed, have added sugars. However, most grocery stores will carry one or two brands that are "No Sugar Added," such as Adams all-natural no sugar added or Marantha organic peanut butter. Also, many grocery stores will also have a "grind your own fresh" peanut butter, where you get pure, fresh, no-sugar-added peanut butter. For most of these, though, you will be looking at around 5 grams net carbs for 2 Tbsp of peanut butter.

Alternatives include Almond butter and Soy nut butter (which there is a company that makes a Low-carb Soy Nut Butter, but I don't know the particulars on that)

lkonzelman
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:15
There are many natural peanut butters in stores. Just check for any made without sugar.

ItsTheWooo
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:20
oh, and i appologize for putting this in the wrong forum, my sister (the one who is interested in trying low carb dieting, not me :D) posted it and she is unfamiliar with the forum.

For what its worth, she has pcos so its not totally off topic :).