PDA

View Full Version : Back on the low carb wagon....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yo70Sam3
Tue, Aug-19-03, 09:10
Hi....I'm Melissa

Two and a half years ago, I lost 52 lbs on the Atkins Diet and have kept it off. I began at 262 lbs and when I got into those size 16's I was happy...but it's time to start again. Those size 16's are all worn out, I've enjoyed them, but I'm ready for a new size. I began the Atkins again 5 weeks ago at 208 lbs and my goal is 158.

My weight loss is not going as I had hoped...the way it did the last time. I have spent 2 1/2 years watching my carbs, starches and sugars so as to keep off the weight (allowing myself about 80-100 carbs a day) and I believe that may be the problem. I have decreased my carb intake to under 20 a day, I have been walking 3 miles a day, and have been doing crunches and push-ups. I drink 60-80 oz of water a day, I limit myself to one cup of coffee with no other caffinated drinks, I've been good not to cheat, but it's going so slowly that I've gotten a bit discouraged. In the 5 weeks that I have been following the diet, I have only lost 8 lbs.

Any advise?

It's so nice to have others to talk to....thank you for this forum.
Melissa

sfdebchat
Tue, Aug-19-03, 16:40
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum! :Party:

It is so wonderful that you were able to maintain your weightloss over such a long time. You should hug yourself for such commitment. I am also 5'8" and just got into "onederland". I see you will be there very soon. I just bought my size 16's and they are a little loose.

Don't worry too much about the slower weight loss as in the long run it is easier to maintain. I read somewhere that each successive try on Atkins gives slower results. Probably your body just figuring out what is going on. Have you started a journal yet? This is a very good tool to record foods, exersize, thoughts, etc. Also a good place for people to pop in a visit you, share, give advise...

Personally, I am trying to figure out why my weight loss has slowed and I talk about that alot in my journal lately. Please come and visit if you would like.

Keep up the good work!

deb

GalacticGa
Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:23
Hi Melissa,

You know how to do it, you've done it before, and you know how easy it can be. Some times the weight takes a little longer to come off than others, (I know mine is slow-going. But I'm not gonna quit!) but slow and steady wins the race, as I'm sure you already know! Good luck, and enjoy the journey.

Yo70Sam3
Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:12
I think I have it figured out...the one thing I wasn't doing was eating three meals like I did the last time, I had knocked it down to 2. Saturday I went back to 3 and this morning I found I had lost 4 lbs.

I have a journal with me, but have not tryed the online journal. I'll check it out.

Again thank you and good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum! :Party:

It is so wonderful that you were able to maintain your weightloss over such a long time. You should hug yourself for such commitment. I am also 5'8" and just got into "onederland". I see you will be there very soon. I just bought my size 16's and they are a little loose.

Don't worry too much about the slower weight loss as in the long run it is easier to maintain. I read somewhere that each successive try on Atkins gives slower results. Probably your body just figuring out what is going on. Have you started a journal yet? This is a very good tool to record foods, exersize, thoughts, etc. Also a good place for people to pop in a visit you, share, give advise...

Personally, I am trying to figure out why my weight loss has slowed and I talk about that alot in my journal lately. Please come and visit if you would like.

Keep up the good work!

deb