PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.... from Texas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pherjo
Mon, Aug-18-03, 18:08
I have been on my own low carb diet now for almost a year. I started Sept. 16 2002. I was 258lbs than & now I'm 205lbs. This is the longest I have been on a diet, so I really don't consider myself on a diet anymore. This is the way I love to eat. My energy level is up, & I feel much younger than my 37yrs. I recently had my blood test done. Before I started the diet my reading were 126/LDL & 69/HDL. Now I have a 131/LDL & 124/HDL. (YES!! I'm bragging :wiggle: ..why not I'm proud of myself) My doctor who advised me not to go on a low carb diet was Shocked at my readings. He claim he never seen a HDL reading that high. All the rest of my numbers were great too. I do, & always have excercised a lot, so the readings were not indicative of my excercise habit, but of my new eating habits. It's also nice to get notice more often from the ladies :yay: . My wife probably got jealous, because she also went on a low carb diet & lost 40lbs. If I may say so "DAMN she's fine :thup: . I want to thank a lot of the people on this site. I get a lot of information & inspiration from this site. Thanx again & Keep up the good work.

E.B.

Lori H
Mon, Aug-18-03, 18:32
Hello and congratulations to you and your wife! That is really great results. Glad you have joined us on the forum and continued good luck.

mem2
Mon, Aug-18-03, 19:03
Welcome and keep up the good work. This is a great site and your experience on the low carb diet will be valuable to us.