PDA

View Full Version : Hello (another newbie)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dee30
Mon, Aug-18-03, 17:49
Hello all. I have been lurking here for two weeks
Now I have decided to join u. If u dont mind :)

I have been here lurking for two weeks. I just wanted to say that I love the support here and to be honest. All of u have helped me in some way.
THANK YOU

Today is my 8th day following Atkins. I was a nonbeliever and spent many mornings and hours working out and couldnt budge this weight.
I lost 58lbs last year and gained back a few and never changed my WOE

I have only exercised twice my first week on atkins and have already lost 10lbs I am no longer a non believer and I thought this way of life would be difficult NOT.

I feel so in control and after a couple of days on the program I quickly gained my energy back.

Any tips u can give me ?

Lori H
Mon, Aug-18-03, 18:35
Hi and welcome! Getting through induction was the worst part for me. After that it gets easier and easier. You might consider starting a journal. It's a good way to keep track of your food and for other members to "drop by" and visit with you. You are doing GREAT!!! We are happy that you joined us here.
Lori

Quest
Tue, Aug-19-03, 07:57
Hi Dee,
I curious about what made you try Atkins since you had successfully lost 58 pounds last year (did I understand that correctly?).
I also put a lot into working out and found that on its own did little to help me lose weight (though I'm sure it had other benefits and I know muscle weighs more than fat).
It doesn't sound like you need any tips right now! I always say that if someone is losing weight and feels good, then they must be doing it right (for them).

Dee30
Tue, Aug-19-03, 09:29
Actually to be honest I got down to 192lbs and went back up to 205 and stayed there for a while. Then just recently gained 5more

I exercised religiously but I never changed my way of eating. I have no problem getting off of my butt but I could never stick to eating right and following a plan was something I couldnt do as well. I tried atkins twice before now but could never make it past a day or two.

There comes a time when u MUST change something whether it be your workouts or your WOE and this was the time for me. I needed to do something about the way I was eating. I was going no where with exercise alone.

My aunt asked me 3months ago to start Atkins but at the time I was doing weight watchers. I just saw her recently and she has lost almost 40lbs. So I guess I could say that she gave me the final budge to try atkins once again

Sorry came back to say that after I lost that amount of weight no matter how much I exercised I couldnt get it to budge

Yeah I lost quite a bit but I still have a ways to go.

Atriana
Tue, Aug-19-03, 09:33
Hi and welcome! Start a journal - it is an excellent tool. You can track your progress there and interact with other forum members. There is lots of information and support on this site, I'm sure you will like it here!

Dee30
Tue, Aug-19-03, 09:57
Thanks for the warm welcomes I love this site.

QueenCarb
Tue, Aug-19-03, 16:04
Hello Dee, I am also new here. Dont ya just love this site its so much information here, and a lot of support and motivation. Good luck to you. :yay: