PDA

View Full Version : Day One, almost done

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Woodstock
Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:19
I just thought I'd introduce myself to you all. Everyone seems very encouraging and knowledgeable. I am on day one of induction. I figure it's better to hang out with people who know how I feel than to run out and grab some Twinkies!

I am a carb addict and have been my entire life. For most of my years, I was ok, but man, after hitting 30, everything sticks! Everything! Even with running a lot, I'm still getting bigger and bigger. I saw the success my brother-in-law is having on Atkins, so I decided to do it too.

Today I feel ok. I have a minor headache, which I attribute to my caffeine withdrawal and I'm a little tired, but I'm always tired on Mondays anyway!

Well, just wanted to say hi to ya'll! :yay:

Atriana
Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:31
Hi and welcome! Sounds like you are doing well except for the headache. The first 3 days are the hardest, then it gets easier, then it is almost effortless. Not all of us here gave up the caffeine, I for one, couldn't see this as a plan I could follow very long if I had to give up coffee. It has in no way hindered my weight loss. Start a journal, it is an excellent way to track your progress and interact with other members. Good luck!

Princesspp
Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:49
Hi Woodstock ...

I too am from the Midwest ..

Congrats on "not running for the twinkies" .. :D The headache could be from the caffiene, also it could be Carb withdrawal .. I usually get a dull headache after a Carbfest .. the next day .. it's just a dull throb .. :rolleyes: ..

I've been on this WOE for about 2 1/2 years or so .. I forget as time goes on .. so every once in awhile .. I also forget how it feels to have a "carb hangover" .. and go out and splurge .. :lol:

Welcome .. and you are correct .. there are alot of people on this site, that really know their stuff .. and with the size of the membership here .. there's ALWAYS someone that's going through what you are .. and can help you through it ..

Congrats .. you made the first step .. making the decision and admitting that YOU are a carb addict... and doing something about it ..

Surf around the site .. there's alot of excellent information on it ..

Good luck in your successes .. and looking forward to seeing you floating around .. :D

Talk later!!