PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fat-Matt
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:26
I've decided to go on a no (or low!) carb diet to lose a little bit of fat around my waist, love handles etc. I train in the gym about 4 times a week (mostly weights), is it safe to cut carbs out completely or should I still eat some whilst I weight train??

Also, some suggestions for quick alternatives to sandwiches would be appreciated!!

Kristine
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:33
Hi Matt! :wave:

Step one is to check the "which low carb plan is right for me?" link over to the right under "quick links." Step two is to grab a copy of the appropriate book.

There are no "no carb" plans. It's impractical and you wouldn't lose weight any faster.

Most people substitute salads for sandwiches, like a Cobb salad with meat, hard boiled eggs and cheese. I often just make a plate of sliced veggies, meat, cheese and ranch (or other) dressing. :thup:

Fat-Matt
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:40
Thanks Kristine,

I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm actually quite slim. I'm just rying to lose the small amount of fat around my waist (mostly so that my 6 pack shows!!).

I know that weight training burns carbs very quickly. If I don't eat enough carbs a day then could I be doing myself some damage?

How can I eat enough to sustain heavy weight lifting whilst maintaining my weight (I lose weight very easily because of my metabolism) and yet at the same time burn fat?

Lori H
Mon, Aug-18-03, 07:42
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Are you doing any kind of cardio with your weight training? I've always heard that cardio is better for burning fat.

Fat-Matt
Mon, Aug-18-03, 08:55
Yeah, I do a little. Usually a warm up and down on the rowers, swim a bit and occassionally run. I know I should do more but I'm more interested in weight training.

Lori H
Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:16
Have you checked out the exercise sub-forum on here? That might have some tips for you.